Spiken

Awesome
Mod
Diamond Member
Verified
Tokens
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is against the EQ Terms of Service and if you get caught using it they WILL 100% ban your account, so only use this if you know what you are doing and ready that you will lose your account if they found out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1 - Setup
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VMWare is the way to go, i recommend version 15 and Windows 10, win 10 can be download for free at microsoft here –
Please, Log in to view content.

Serial Key for VMWare 15:

AG500-A6E4P-088WY-DYMQC-MZ2V2
YA1J2-DDG5K-08DHZ-6XQXT-Q3UW8

1.When you have downloaded it, either copy or install EverQuest on your virtual machine.
2. Quit/shutdown your virtual machine
3. In the VMWare workstation window, click Edit virtual machine
4. Click on Network adapter
5. Pick Custom: Specific virtual Network
6. In this dropdown pick VMNet8(NAT)
7. Then click Advanced
8. in the MAC Adress tab insert a mac adress, because if you generate or use the one there it will say VMWare Inc (you can check the mac adress here what daybreak will see it as
)
9. Use one of these MAC Adresses the are Intel Wifi mac adresses (or go here and pick a vendor and generate a MAC address
)

00:17:35:F0:CE:4B
00:17:35:F4:C5:6B
00:17:35:DF:1C:C3
00:17:35:CD:50:6A
00:17:35:7C:54:1E
00:17:35:B5:75:CD
00:17:35:74:72:BB
00:17:35:91:D5:C9
00:17:35:25:A2:F4
00:17:35:B9:6A:A7
00:17:35:00:1B:BC
00:17:35:99:28:ED
00:17:35:51:E0:B7
00:17:35:11:1A:AF
00:17:35:BD:4F:EB
00:17:35:F3:78:FA
00:17:35:B2:CE:81
00:17:35:F5:4C:32
00:17:35:14:8D:5E
00:17:35:C3:4F:56
00:04:0F:ED:CE:23
00:04:0F:D5:E3:DA
00:04:0F:43:30:6D
00:04:0F:2B:89:C7
00:04:0F:FD:67:C8
00:04:0F:95:E5:51
00:04:0F:2A:1D:62
00:04:0F:FD:63:E9
00:04:0F:E4:C1:51
00:04:0F:AA:B5:84
00:04:0F:59:C1:E2
00:04:0F:5C:21:AB
00:04:0F:86:9B:8F
00:04:0F:FC:31:CD
00:04:0F:62:EB:45
00:04:0F:F9:74:94
00:04:0F:C7:4B:EB
00:04:0F:B4:DA:78
00:04:0F:24:2E:F0
00:04:0F:37:AA:22
00:E0:4C:C5:0D:02
00:E0:4C:AB:AA:20
00:E0:4C:BC:F9:16
00:E0:4C:49:3B:0C
00:E0:4C:FC:7F:1E
00:E0:4C:2C:21:53
00:E0:4C:15:EF:06
00:E0:4C:02:7E:CB
00:E0:4C:EB:A0:E3
00:E0:4C:E4:41:39
00:E0:4C:06:CC:9A
00:E0:4C:FB:67:3B
00:E0:4C:26:F7:03
00:E0:4C:80:45:77
00:E0:4C:F7:55:41
00:E0:4C:F2:6C:0C
00:E0:4C:0F:51:11
00:E0:4C:6A:DE:04
00:E0:4C:FA:23:99
00:E0:4C:41:EC:E1

Part 2 - Making sure the settings are correct
These steps below, should be done when EQ have been patched and VMTools is installed, because restrict will restrict installation of everything
IMPORTEN to check and see so VMTools is installed and update so you can run 3D graphic

Click on Edit virtual machine settings -> Display

Check so it looks like this

1.jpg

1. When that is done, go into the folder where you made your virtual machine, if you dident pick another place standard is ( Documents > Virtual Machines > Name of your new virtual machine)
2. Open your configuration file with notepad (name you gave the virtual machine)

2.jpg

3. Add these lines in the end:
monitor_control.disable_directexec = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_chksimd = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_ntreloc = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_selfmod = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_reloc = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_btinout = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_btmemspace = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_btpriv = "TRUE"
monitor_control.disable_btseg = "TRUE"
monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"
monitor_control.virtual_rdtsc = "false"
isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = "true"

3.jpg

4. Save and exit out of the file
5. Start your Virtual machine and login to your EQ account

Part 3 - Cloneing to run more EverQuest instance

1. Right click on your created VMWare (make sure its shutdown first)
2. Go into Manage -> Clone

4.jpg

3. Follow the steps

5.jpg

4. Make a snapshot (current state in the virtual machine)
8.jpg

5. Create a full clone
7.jpg

6. Pick a name you remember for the Virtual machine, location (recommend where you have the other(s), Then hit Finish
6.jpg

7. Redo step 9 above for all your clones, to make sure the restriction is still there – monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = “true”

Recommendations

1. Use MINI 4GB for ram and also use 2GB for graphic , to make it run smooth and good

2. I use barrier for 1 of my laptops and also for my VMWare machine (i drag my mouse up) and dont have to click on things and fast access to use hotkeys only need 1 keyboard and 1 mouse for everythingBarrier can be downloaded here –
use version 2.0.0, since the others have alot of problems3. I also recommend to use the remove bloatware, since it removes alot of useless shit on Windows 10, i even have this installed on my main PC to get things that is so useless away Have any questions, feel free to ask me on Discord or here

Extra not needed

1.Also if you want to remove anoying bloatware and block windows update i recommend this, it will make EQ run smoother in VMWareStart by turning Windows Update Delivery Optimization to off. Reason you wanna turn it off, is because the tool make it so your computer will be a peer 2 peer for other computers and send them windows updates. –Select Start > Settings > Update & security > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization.Turn off the toggle under Allow downloads from other PCs.Turn off network sharing for Delivery Optimization

2. This is not needed and only if you wanna block Windows 10 updates, good for VMWare machines, download Windows Update Blocker – get it here
Run it as a administrator and turn the settings like this windos update blocker blocked

3. Download Debloat Windows 10, this one remove and unistall all windows pre-installed useless stuff like the games Candy Crush etc..
there is alos a video with a guide how to do it all –

Last edited:

Eqmoo

Silver Member
Tokens
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EQ is still detecting the VM with these settings, is this confirmed working since they banned VMware?

OP
Spiken

Spiken

Awesome
Mod
Diamond Member
Verified
Tokens
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, i forgot some lines, i did edit the guide.
You need to add all of these lines in your file.

monitor_control.disable_directexec = "true"

shammyinz

Silver Member
Tokens
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works perfectly for me on one VM, but on the other when I try to log in I get "The world server has denied your login request. This world only allows a maximum of one account on a machine at a time." I have my non vm + 1 vm running successfully. Tried to re-clone and and change the mac on the second and no luck. Even added the following to the vmx file.

Currently running VMworkstaion 14. Both VM's are still windows 7

OP
Spiken

Spiken

Awesome
Mod
Diamond Member
Verified
Tokens
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what i would recommend is clone before adding all these:

Because sometimes it can fail to copy over some things becouse of security restriction you add.
So delete the cloned one.
Remove all these lines, make as many copys you want, then re-add all these commands on ALL vmware machines, then start them up.

The "The world server has denied your login request" means you either missed something or something went wrong when you cloned your virtual machine

Last edited:

shammyinz

Silver Member
Tokens
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ha, I found my issue.

For whatever reason, it did not like Windows 7. I just downloaded and ran the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and now it work perfectly!

drevil

Silver Member
Tokens
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this! I'm looking forward to playing on Aradune after years away and only have the 1 PC available. Question, will doing this allow the use of MQ2 or any other programs? i mainly just need the map with spawns for pulling and keeping track of respawns. Thanks!

OP
Spiken

Spiken

Awesome
Mod
Diamond Member
Verified
Tokens
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for this! I'm looking forward to playing on Aradune after years away and only have the 1 PC available. Question, will doing this allow the use of MQ2 or any other programs? i mainly just need the map with spawns for pulling and keeping track of respawns. Thanks!

No, since MQ2 will detect if you are on a TLP and not work or trigger a detection for your account.
Servers that allow MQ2 will you be avaible to use MQ2 on like Rizlona

OP
Spiken

Spiken

Awesome
Mod
Diamond Member
Verified
Tokens
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i notice its dubble of the last two(2) on the 3:e step.
Remove the ones that are dubble, it should look like this